WindMax 5-Blade 650W Mini Wind Turbine Review
Amazon.com Price: $699.00 (as of 2013-06-19 14:45:12 GMT)
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are
subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at
the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Advantages of 5-blade wind turbines over 3-blade wind turbines
1) 5-blade wind turbines will greatly improve annual energy production in low wind conditions. For areas with average wind speeds of 11 MPH (5m/s). If you compare annual energy output to conventional 3-blade wind turbine, there is an increase of annual energy output of more than 60%.
2) 5-blade wind turbines will dramatically improve the reliability and safety in high speed wind conditions. The blade rotation speed of a 5-blade turbine is 60% of the rotational speed for a 3-blade wind turbine. 5-blade wind turbines will greatly reduce chance of overspeed control malfunction. This will ensure operational reliability from a long term perspective.
3) The lower blade rotation speed of 5-blade wind turbine will lower wind turbine noise and make 5-blade wind turbines more community friendly than 3-blade wind turbines.
Nylon-Fiber Glass High Efficiency blades is aerodynamically designed to regulate themselves, slowing automatically in high winds.
1. Strong Neodymium magnet PMA, the unique winding and multi pole design reduces the start-up torque of the alternator that assures generator to generate electricity at low wind speed. 4.5 mph start up wind speed.
2. Electric over-speed control, no more problematic mechanical furling.
3. Innovative low maintenance two-moving-part system design.
4. Easy to Install, Light Weight and highly reliable.
5. Generator: The generator is built using high-performance rare earth neodymium permanent magnets, so the alternator is compact and light weight with a high power generating efficiency. It is designed for various working conditions such as severe climate, sand and salt corrosive environments and marine usage.
Number of Blades: 5
Blade Diameter: 4.6 Feet
Rated 400W @26 mph
More Energy Output at low wind than 3-blade models
Max Wind Output: 500W
Max 600W with wind/solar hybrid
- Innovative 5-blade design to maximize energy output at low wind conditions under 25 mph.
- 60% MORE energy output at LOW wind than 3-blade turbine
- Reliable two-moving-part matainenance free design, Nearly silent operation
- Controller Electric speed limitation, blade over-speed braking
- Strong Neodymium magnet PMA, Nylon fiber composite blades
Filed under: Wind Turbine Reviews
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!